Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Letter Match
Here is a Letter matching game that I got from a friend.
I wrote capital letters on the top and lower case letters on the bottom.  

I mixed the letters up and had B (4 1/2 years old) match them.
 Tips:
If you plan on using this more than once I would recommend laminating it.
To make this game more challenging you could mix upper and lower cases together.  I kept upper case letters on top, and lower on bottom.
You could also make the eggs in one color.  B soon discovered that he could find the match to the letters he didn't know by finding it's color and then guessing.
Another idea is to have older children put the whole eggs in alphabetical order once they have matched the letters.



Time to Eat!

 At our last well-child check up the doctor recommended that the boys start practicing eating on their own.
 Tip:
When 1st starting out the caregiver should place food on fork/spoon and then let the child 'play' with it.
You could also scoop food into their mouth and then leave the spoon there.  The child will look at you funny and then grab the spoon himself.
(These are tips from an OT)


Patterns!
I used stickers that we had laying around to make a pattern chart.
 B is 'reading' the chart to figure out what comes next:
 Great work B!


Physical Development

Jackson is great at standing.

He's working on bending over and picking stuff up.


 I'm going to call this on The world is our sensory table:

While at IKEA, Jackson starting getting a little fussy.  We handed him one ball and he loved it.  Before I knew it my husband had put him in the pit of balls to play. 


After less than 5 minutes of this type of stimulation he was much happier and ready to finish the shopping trip.

Mama Rach

No comments: