Saturday, January 5, 2013

Daddy's not an animal, hiding cookies and more

Lucky me got the flu and a bladder/kidney/who knows what infection in the same week. Of course it's the week that BV also had to go back to TX. I have always been a whimp when it comes to being sick, but with now one here to help me with JV I realized that I could also be quite a grump. Just when I had been fever free for 12 hours I got a wake up call from a crying JV. He had a temperature over 103. Off to urgent care we went!

The urgent care doctor and nurses were great. The nurse was able to do a flu swab without JV flinching and the doctor asked JV is he liked any cartoons. I told him that he was an Elmo and Cookie Monster fan. Then the dr asked JV if he was hiding Cookie Monster's cookies. He said, "Yes!" With a big smile. He typically doesn't like to talk to people who are in his personal space. He looked in JV's ears for the cookies, then his nose, and finally his mouth while asking JV if the cookies were in each. JV told the doctor that he was hiding them in his mouth...LOL. I was highly impressed by his bedside manner. I've met pediatricians who aren't this good. After the checkup, the nurse ran the flu test which came back positive. Doctor's orders: fluids, rest, and Tamiflu.

This evening JV was a little more playful and wanted to Skype with daddy. I told him I needed to see if he was available. JV looked at me with seriousness in his eyes and said, "No. Daddy (is) not animal." Oh 2 years olds are too funny.

No comments: