Saturday, February 16, 2013

Thoughts From A Child

A Big Boy Bed

Tonight JV wanted to see the isle with the children's bedding.  This isn't the usual path we take to get the milk, but since he was being so well behaved and we weren't in a hurry I said yes.  He was quite curious and asked what that stuff was.  I told him that it was comforters for big kid ".  He said, "Oh." A moment later he pulled a dinosaur comforter off the lower shelf and told me he wanted that one.  I explained that he didn't need that yet because he had a boat blanket and that those were for big beds and he didn't have a big bed yet.  He seemed to understand this and then we left the isle to get the milk.  As we turned the corner he looked up to me and said, "I'm a big boy.  You're a big girl.  You have a big bed." I just told him yes, I have a big bed and then we gathered the rest of our stuff.

As we were waiting in line the mom in front of me who had a toddler, told me how she can't go into Target without getting more than she planned for.  Can any of us?  I told her I know exactly what she means.  I came in for toddler scissors and I'm walking out with ingredients to make playdoh...LOL.  She went on to tell me about how she was turning her son's room into a big boy room and she spent way too much.  JV said nothing while this mom and I had our conversation and I didn't think anymore about it until we got home. 

During bedtime stories JV paused to tell me, "I need a big bed.  I'm a big boy.  I have a crib."  I said, "Yes.  I like your crib."  He responded, "I have boats in my crib and Wolfpack!" referring to his blankets...LOL. 

That's Now My Cow!

As I was reading a page in It's Time for Bed by Mem Fox that reads "It's time for bed little calf, little calf.  What happened today that made you laugh?"  JV said, "That's not my cow.  My cow is at the restaurant eating a cheese burger!"  You can only imagine the laugh we had after that. 

No comments: