Friday, April 22, 2011

The 1st Easter Egg Hunt

Today I took Jackson to his 1st Easter egg hunt.  I had pictured it oh so perfectly.  Jackson would look so cute in his pastel clothes.  He would hold my hand and waddle to an egg on a warm sunny day.  Then he'd wonder what it was, pick it up and stick it in his mouth to farther investigate.  He would be happy.  I would get a picture of the kids picking up their eggs gracefully.  A mom would volunteer to take a picture of me helping Jackson find an egg.  And another of Jackson sitting in the grass happily playing with his plastic egg. 

hahahahhaha!  Sometimes my imagination gets a little carried away.  So here's the real story...

Jackson woke up slightly grumpy once we arrived at the park only to be tussled around in order to get a hat, shoes, and two more layers of clothing on.  Because in reality it was cloudy and 39 degrees! 


We waiting a couple minutes until the egg hunt began.  Everyone was suppose to be able to get 6 or 7 eggs. The buzzer sounded and the hunt was completed 60 seconds later.  No joke!



 Jackson only got one egg.


  I tried to pose him for pictures but he decided otherwise.



  It was far from the story in my imagination but an adventure all the same!



~ Mama Rach

No comments: