Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Traditionally, I dress "my (nanny) kids" in green outfits and take them outside to look for 4 leaf clovers on St. Patrick's day.  This activity is great for teaching patience and determination, it incorporates fine motor skills, and it also reinforces counting for younger kids.  And who doesn't like being outside or a beautiful day?  Well, that was back on the east coast. 

My great plan was to dress Jackson up in a green outfit, have him sit in the grass, and I would describe the grass and clovers as I searched for a 4 leaf clover.  Once we got there I realized that we live in Minne-"snow"-da now.  Enough of the snow had melted for us to see grass, but it was dead and brown and there were definintly no clovers.  Jackson didn't care.  He just thought the walk there was fun.

Well, we didn't get a 4 leaf clover but to keep with the green theme he had his first taste of sweet peas for dinner.  Yummy!




~Mama Rach

No comments: